Just a reminder for those who are entering Taobh na Pàirce’s Got Talent that the closing date is THIS FRIDAY.
We are excited to announce that Gaelic singer Kathleen MacInnes will be adjudicating the entries.
Kathleen MacInnes is a Scottish singer, television presenter and actress, who performs primarily in Scottish Gaelic. She is a native of South Uist, Outer Hebrides. In 2010, she appeared on the soundtrack to the Ridley Scott film Robin Hood.
Kathleen has been a regular guest on music programmes such as MacTV’s Bard Nan Orain, the award-winning BBC series Aig Cridhe Ar Ciuil, and Mike Alexander’s Columba Sessions, where she sang alongside leading Scottish and Irish singers and musicians.
Kathleen also took part in the concert Flower Of The West, a tribute to Runrig brothers Calum and Ruaraidh MacDonald, and with Blas, as a support act to Van Morrison.
Kathleen’s various projects on television have included being presenter of Tacsi, a Scottish BAFTA award-winning television show of Gaelic and Celtic arts and culture, a part in the Gaelic soap Machair, parts on BBC comedy shows such as Ran Dan and PC Alasdair Stewart, the film Interrogation Of A Highland Lass, children’s TV programmes, and regular voice-overs for BBC animations.
A reminder of the rules are below:
If your child would like to participate, please send in your performance piece along with the attached entry form to the school admin email account by no later than Friday 12th June. Please make sure of the following:
- Complete the entry form attached.
- Performances should be no more than 1 min 30 seconds (ideally shorter!)
- Please film in landscape format.
- By sending a submission you are agreeing to it being included in a recording that will be shown on our school blog and social media (school twitter account)
- Email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org or share with us via dropbox, wetransfer, google drive etc if the file is too large (longer videos will have bigger files)
Le gach deagh dhùrachd,